There have been many complaints on how one’s culture has been altered by other groups of people. Some people even do not believe in cultural appropriation. Culture appropriation is simply the use of an element of a culture, which is adopted by another culture.
“1. Your new friends Bob and Rita come to lunch and you serve them idlis, like your grandmother used to make.
- They love your south Indian cooking and ask for the recipe.
- You never hear from Rita and Bob again.
- You read in the Style section of theGuardian about Rita and Bob’s new Idli bar in Covent Garden… called ‘Idli.’
- You visit Idli. The food tastes nothing like your grandmother’s.
- Your grandmother dies.
- Rita and Bob’s children inherit the Idli chain, and open several franchises in America.
- Your children find work as short order chefs… at Idli.
- Your children visit you in a nursing home and cook you idlis, which taste nothing like the ones you remember from your youth.
- You compliment their cooking and ask for the recipe.
- You die.”
You might also like
More from Culture
Have you ever dreamed about having bigger boobs without paying thousands of dollars and dealing with surgery? A Japanese clothing …