When you have an interest in someone, be sure to look out for the potential signs that something is just not right. You may have that initial attraction, and maybe you believe there is a connection, but there are qualities in men and women that are signals to get out of there...fast! Here are a few red flags that my friends have shared with me in their past experiences with the men and women they have dated. I'm sure there are plenty more red flags; therefore, you are welcome to share your experiences in the dating environment.
1. The man/woman of interest incessantly talks about sex in a immature manner. If he/she cannot be respectful about intimacy, he/she will not be mature in any aspect of your relationship.
2. The man/woman gets clingy. He/she is always available, can be possessive, and probably will follow you around. He/she could be someone desperately seeking someone to fill a void that realistically could never be filled by you.
3. The man/woman does not like kids and kids don't like them. Not wanting kids is different, however. You can still like kids, but not wish to have them. If he/or she does not like kids, he/she may lack patience. Kids can be intuitive in detecting if the man/woman is a dishonest, rude, and/or selfish person. So, if you ever have your eyes set on someone, bring your little niece or younger brother along and observe the reactions
4. The man/woman talks too much or does not show any interest in what you have to say. An equal amount of listening and talking is important in conversations.
5. The man/woman does not reciprocate physical intimacy.
6. For little or no apparent reason, the man/woman flies-off-the-handle and goes back to normal. It makes you wonder if this person will lose control often over the difficulties that occur in life, and whether he/she will be aggressive towards you.
7. The man/woman can't make his/her own decisions. He or she lacks security and does not feel comfortable in taking the reigns in life occasionally.
8. The man/woman is not interdependent.When the man/woman is confident and feels that he/she has a wonderful life - even before you came along -shows in essence a strong, solid character. I must reiterate that noone can truly make you happy, only you can make yourself happy.